Sunday, September 13, 2009

Candice Breitz: Same, Same



Candice Breitz
Still from Factum Kang, 2009
Featuring Hanna Kang and Laurie Kang
Courtesy the artist

Given my background in film and interest in the creation of identity via visual language (individually and collectively), I've found Candice Breitz' work to be of special interest. And, as it happens, I had the lucky opportunity to see/hear/feel/almost taste Breitz' Legend (A Portrait of Bob Marley) installation at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver in late 2007, whilst I was a docent-ing away the hours and hours. Loved it!

Given Brietz' investigation of these issues via recontextualization, I imagined her work would be of general interest to our Foto4 Group, as this is a topic of much discussion.


Candice Breitz: Same Same
19 September - 15 November 2009

The Power Plant
231 Queens Quay West
Toronto ON Canada M5J 2G8

www.thepowerplant.org

No comments:

Post a Comment